SEO, or search engine optimization, is a target that doesn’t stand still. A fully optimized small business website can only be achieved by using the right weapons, tactics, and mindset. With so many weapons available for fronting the SEO battleground, there are three that are part of our arsenal day in and day out. Our arsenal includes:
1. Scribe SEO LLC – Scribe is a service that we use to grade our work and make sure every little SEO detail is spot on. Learn more about How We Use Scribe.
2. SEO Book – We use SEO Book as a reference many times daily. Additionally we use their SEO Tools, many of which are available for FREE. Download SEO Book tools free
3. WooThemes – Premium WordPress Themes – WooThemes designs and develops some incredibly beautiful WordPress Business Themes. Their themes are also developed to integrate tightly with the Scribe service so our clients always get a great looking site that’s ready for search engine optimization. Learn more about How We Use WooThemes.
SEO is very goal related. Our clients typically approach us about SEO for one of the following reasons:
1. They aren’t satisfied with the amount of traffic to their website.
2. They aren’t generating the number of leads they want from their website.
We spend a lot of time doing research and discovery before we take on a new client. This may be stating the obvious, but we have to get a good picture of where the client currently is so that we can help them set goals and more importantly, implement an SEO strategy to reach those goals. The SEO Tools from SEO Book are very helpful in finding a lot of the factual answers we need quickly. The three biggest benefits that we get from these tools are:
1. A quick glance at existing directory listings and other incoming link information.
2. Basic analytics information. (Since we usually don’t have full analytics access till we’ve been hired).
3. The ability to quickly “X-ray” each page on a site to find out which areas are in need of immediate improvement.
Getting all of the answers that are mentioned above is important. However, knowing how to use that information to best serve our clients is where the rubber meets the road. The content and information at SEO Book is probably some of the most valuable and helpful information related to SEO. A lot of the content there is FREE and they also have a paid subscription program. For us, the access to always up-to-date content related to SEO makes this site our go-to reference manual.
Why are we sharing our SEO “secrets”?
First of all, none of this stuff is really secret, anyone can find it on the internet. Second, and more importantly, we want to make sure that our clients and prospects understand that we have the most valuable SEO tools at our disposal.
As well, we know that a lot of our clients want to hire us to help them with their SEO but for some of them, it’s just not in their budget. We feel that if we share some of the things that we are utilizing that this might also help the clients who can’t afford us to at least get going and gain access to the things that help us on a daily basis. Ultimately, we want to make sure that every client has the best opportunity to be successful in meeting their web goals.
Are you ready to start reaching and connecting with prospects that are looking for your product or service? If so, get in touch with us, we can help you win the SEO battle.
Read the next entry in this series Our SEO Arsenal: Part 3, which will be published on June 3, 2010.
You might also like some of our other related content: